Sunday, June 26, 2011

I never had as much time for Lord High Fixers as I did for Tim Kerr's previous band, Jack O'Fire. In retrospect that's a bit of a shame, but I was also slightly burnt out by what I perceived as a second wave of inferior garage bands and lack of quality control by some of the more prominent labels on the scene. So unlike the tower of vinyl I have for Jack O'Fire, Lord High Fixers are represented in my collection by this single only. It's a good one, though, showcasing the slightly rockier feel of Lord High Fixers and packaged with consumate care by record label, No Lie. The Cub Card shown above is membership card-sized. The inserts continue Kerr's journey with Young Lions Conspiracy USA.

In addition I've linked to a record sent to me by Tim Kerr back in the mid to late nineties. It's a clear vinyl, unlabelled 7" with just the one track on it. In the meantime I have totally forgotten what it is and who recorded it. Any information will be gratefully received. It's a departure musically, but not thematically. As you will hear. Enjoy.

Lord High Fixers - Scat Man. No Lie Records 7". NL-006.

Lord High Fixers - Scat Man Revolution - Free 7".

0 comments:

Post a Comment