Wednesday, February 22, 2012



A great release on Australia's Giant Claw records. Southern Culture On The Skids were and are one of those bands who I have be in just the right mood to listen to. When the mood is right they work for me. When it's not they sound 'gimmicky'. Which I know is wrong, but hey, I'm only human. As far as I can recall, this is the only 7" by them that I have left. I even, stupidly, sold the Los Falanas singles they produced in collaboration with Bassholes' Don Howland. I do still have the Peckin' Party 10" and the Telstar-released vinyl version of their Dirt Track Date LP which dates from that odd period when some major label stuff was farmed out to indies for vinyl release. I know it happened with SCOTS and Helmet, I have a suspicion it may have happened also with The Muffs. Anyhow, Southern Culture On The Skids and their shit-kicking sound. Enjoy.

Southern Culture on the Skids - Come And Get It (Before It Done Gets Cold) Giant Claw 7" GCS-007.

0 comments:

Post a Comment