Sunday, March 17, 2013


Upwards and onwards with Mad Mummies March. Probably the easiest of all The Mummies' singles to find. There's a something-I-can't-quite-put-my-finger-on anachronism about the title track. The subject matter is, in a way, too obvious, too easy, for a band as awkward as The Mummies to bother with. I can't quite work out why, but it does sit uneasily with the bulk of their oeuvre. Other tracks are more in keeping. Whitecaps pt.I/pt.II is an instrumental split over the two sides of the record and I'm Down is a Beatles cover. Yes, a Beatles cover. Which is pretty, er... fab, to be fair. It's a song from when the Merseysiders were a savage young boy band. Enjoy.

The Mummies - (You Must Fight To Live) On The Planet Of The Apes - Sympathy For The Record Industry 7". SFTRI 196.

0 comments:

Post a Comment